When to Walk Away Study Guide with DVD: Finding Freedom from Toxic People
- Regular price
- Sale price
Jesus walked away from toxic people, and you should too.
In the Gospels, we read that when Jesus spoke a hard truth, sometimes the other person chose to walk away. Other times, the person asked Jesus to leave–and he complied. There were also times when people begged Jesus to stay, but he walked away so he could remain completely focused on the mission God had for him.
As Christians, we often feel the guilt and responsibility of meeting the needs of unhealthy people in our lives. Instead of attempting the impossible task of mollifying toxic people, it's time we dedicate our energy to the only worthwhile effort: completing the work God has given us by investing in reliable people.
Drawing from years serving as a pastor, Gary Thomas looks at biblical examples from the lives of Jesus, Paul, and Nehemiah to give you insightful, biblical takeaways that you can apply right away. You'll discover how to:
- Learn the difference between difficult people and toxic people
- Find refuge in God when you feel under attack
- Discern when to walk away from a toxic situation
- Keep a tender heart even in unhealthy relationships
- Strengthen your defense and set healthy boundaries
- Grow your inner strength and invest in reliable people
We can't let others steal our joy or our mission. It's time to follow Jesus’ example to walk away from toxic people and walk toward healthy relationships. And as we do, it frees us to focus completely on the purpose that God has established for our lives.
- Follow Jesus’ Example (22:00)
- Recognize Toxic People (21:00)
- Build a Good Offense (22:00)
- Create a Good Defense (22:00)
- Speak the Truth (20:00)
- Align with Christ (22:00)
This pack contains:
- When to Walk Away Study Guide
- When to Walk Away Video Study DVD (streaming video access included)
- Contributor(s)Gary Thomas
- About the Contributor(s) Gary Thomas is a writer in residence at Second Baptist Church in Houston, Texas, and an adjunct faculty member...
Gary Thomas is a writer in residence at Second Baptist Church in Houston, Texas, and an adjunct faculty member teaching on spiritual formation at Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon and Houston Theological Seminary in Houston, Texas. He is the author of 19 books, including When to Walk Away, Sacred Pathways, Cherish, Sacred Parenting, the award-winning Authentic Faith, and Sacred Marriage – over one million copies sold. He has a master’s degree from Regent College, where he studied under Dr. J.I. Packer, and was awarded an honorary doctorate in divinity from Western Seminary. Gary has spoken in 49 states and 10 different countries. He has appeared numerous times on various national radio and television programs, including CBN, Focus on the Family and Family Life Today.
- Publish Date10/22/2019
- Format DVD and Trade Paper
- Weight (lbs)0.59 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)14.13 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.75(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $29.39
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.