Matthew Henry's Commentary
- Regular price
- Sale price
The straightforward manner in which Matthew Henry's Commentary brings Scripture to bear on the practical matters of life and of Christian character together with its deeply reverent, devotional style, have made it the most beloved Bible commentary of all time. For nearly 300 years, Christians have consulted its rich insights into the very heart of God's Word. Passage by passage, its prayerful, penetrating reflections inspire and challenge the reader. This careful abridgment presents in one volume the wealth of exposition and comment, metaphors, analogies, and illustrations that have set Matthew Henry's Commentary apart as one of the enduring legacies of faith. It is ideal for -- Personal devotions - Bible study - Sermon and lesson preparation -- Forever fresh and never failing to render new pearls of wisdom, Matthew Henry's Commentary is a book you will reach for often to obtain deeper understanding of the Scriptures.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Matthew Henry
- About the Contributor(s) He was born in Broad Oak, Iscoid, Wales on October 18, 1662. Matthew became a Christian at the age of...
He was born in Broad Oak, Iscoid, Wales on October 18, 1662. Matthew became a Christian at the age of ten years old (1672). He studied law and was ordained in 1687 serving as a pastor in Chester, from that same year until 1712. He began to teach the Old Testament in the mornings and the New in the afternoons. This constituted the basis for his future Commentary, which he began writing in 1704. However, he died in 1714, and thirteen non-conformist theologians took care of completing it. His theology is a faithful testimony of evangelical truth, emphasizing man’s total depravity and God’s sovereign and saving grace. His work shows a deep spiritual capacity and great erudition that stems from a great knowledge of Greek and Hebrew.show more
- Publish Date03/15/1961
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series Zondervan Classic Reference Series
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)3.86 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)38.6 lb
- Dimensions 9.6(h) x 6.75(w) x 2.3(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $25.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.