Louie's Backyard Cookbook: Irrisistible Island Dishes and the Best Ocean View in Key West
- Regular price
- Sale price
Key West is a world apart. People come for one reason or another and never want to leave. Ernest Hemingway, Robert Frost, and Jimmy Buffett are well known. Lesser known?except to Louie's regulars?are Phil Tenney, Doug Shook, Ben Harris, Darlene Ciulla, and others, all of whom call Louie's "our home and our family."
What marks the food at Louie's backyard is innovation. Chef Doug Shook likes to create new variations daily. "Inventing is the joy of cooking," he says, Which means the recipes in The Louie's Backyard Cookbook are the best of many recipes Shook has created over the years. They are for people who enjoy the entire process of creating a meal, from procuring the ingredients to making a handsome presentation of a finished dish.
The Louie's Backyard Cookbook contains not only 150 of Doug Shook's most creative recipes, but through photos and stories it takes you behind the scenes to learn about the restaurant and the Key West culture that lures people with its bauty and keeps them with its liberty. The Louie's Backyard Cookbook is the next best thing to experiencing the islands themselves.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Michael Stern
- About the Contributor(s) Michael Stern was raised at a Heartland table of square meals. The Sterns’ monthly “Roadfood” column in Gourmet magazine has...Michael Stern was raised at a Heartland table of square meals. The Sterns’ monthly “Roadfood” column in Gourmet magazine has earned them three James Beard Awards for journalism. They are heard weekly on Public Radio's The Splendid Table. show more
- Publish Date02/17/2010
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.