Know How We Got Our Bible Video Study: 13 Lessons on 2 DVDs
- Regular price
- Sale price
The easy accessibility of the Bible in most of the world's major languages can obscure a dramatic and sometimes unexpected story. In the Know How We Got Our Bible Video Study, together with its accompanying book, Know How We Got Our Bible (co-authored with Charles Hill), church historian Ryan Reeves traces the history of the Bible from its beginnings to the present day, highlighting key figures and demonstrating the reliability of Scripture.
Reeves surveys the writing of the Bible's books (including authorship and dating), the formation of the Old and New Testaments (including early transmission and the development of the canon), and Bible translations from the Latin Vulgate to the current, ongoing work of translation around the world.
The Know How We Got Our Bible Video Study is designed for personal study, as well as for use in classrooms, small groups, and Sunday schools wanting to better understand the overarching story of how the Bible came to us today.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
1 - Introduction (23 min)
2 - The Old Testament (21 min)
3 - The Septuagint and the Apocrypha (19 min)
4 - The New Testament (28 min)
5 - The Earliest Christians (23 min)
6 - The Vulgate (22 min)
7 - The Medieval Bible (30 min)
8 - The Renegade Bible of John Wycliffe (21 min)
9 - The Bible and the Reformation (27 min)
10 - The Protestant Bible in English (26 min)
11 - The King James Bible (26 min)
12 - The Modern Bible Movements (27 min)
13 - The Bible Today - and Tomorrow (34 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Ryan Matthew Reeves
- About the Contributor(s) Ryan M. Reeves (PhD, Cambridge) is Associate Professor of Historical Theology at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and Dean of the...
Ryan M. Reeves (PhD, Cambridge) is Associate Professor of Historical Theology at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and Dean of the seminary’s Jacksonville campus. Also a visiting lecturer at Reformed Theological Seminary, Reeves has written English Evangelicals and Tudor Obedience and co-written The Story of Creeds and Councils (Baker, 2019). He hosts the Historical Theology for Everyone blog at The Gospel Coalition.
- Publish Date08/07/2018
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series KNOW Series
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.2 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)6.02 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $20.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.