Hiding from Love: How to Change the Withdrawal Patterns That Isolate and Imprison You
- Regular price
- Sale price
A journey of discovery toward healing, connected relationships, and a new freedom and joy in living.
When you experience emotional injury, fear, or shame, your first impulse is to hide the hurting parts of yourself from God, others, and even yourself. Often, you've learned these hiding patterns during childhood to protect yourself in a threatening environment. The problem is that when you hide your injuries and frailties, you isolate yourself from the very things you need in order to heal and mature--connection, intimacy, and love. What served as protection for a child becomes a prison to an adult.
In Hiding from Love, Dr. John Townsend helps you explore the hiding patterns you've developed and guides you toward the healing grace and truth of safe, connected relationships with God and others. You'll discover:
- The difference between "good" and "bad" hiding
- Why you hide the broken parts of your soul from the God who can heal them
- How to be free to make mistakes without fear of exposing your failures and imperfections
- How to obtain the joy and wholeness God intends you to have through healthy bonding with others
Workbook also available.Read Less
- Contributor(s)John Townsend
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. John Townsend is a nationally known leadership consultant, psychologist, and author, selling over 10 million books, including the New York...
Dr. John Townsend is a nationally known leadership consultant, psychologist, and author, selling over 10 million books, including the New York Times bestselling Boundaries series. John founded the Townsend Institute for Leadership and Counseling and the Townsend Leadership Program. Dr. Townsend travels extensively for corporate consulting, speaking events, and to help develop leaders, their teams, and their families. John and his family live in Southern California and Texas. Visit DrTownsend.com.show more
- Publish Date01/23/1996
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.54 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)19.44 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.3(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $11.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.