Healing America: The Life of Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and the Issues that Shape Our Times
- Regular price
- Sale price
When Bill Frist was elected to the United States Senate, he quickly became the poster-boy for compassionate conservative values. An enigma in D.C. politics, Frist is admired across party lines and has steadily risen in Senate leadership. In 2002, he was unanimously elected the United States Senate Majority Leader-a position of unique honor. From this seat, where he counsels the President and makes major decisions affecting Americans, he frequently turns to his faith when grappling with issues like bioterrorism, AIDS, and abortion rights.
In this biography of the Senate Majority Leader, Bill Frist will discuss issues that are close to his heart and his desk in Washington. His sometimes controversial positions on issues like the war in Iraq, funding for AIDS in Africa, Medicare, and other headline-grabbing debates will be discussed in length, and in view of his faith position.
Bill Frist is a deeply religious man, and this book will provide a rare glimpse into the spiritual life of this major political figure and how his faith relates to his job in Washington, D.C.
- Contributor(s)Charles Martin
- About the Contributor(s) Charles Martin is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thirteen novels. He and his wife, Christy,...
Charles Martin is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thirteen novels. He and his wife, Christy, live in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Publish Date08/25/2009
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.9 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.38 lb
- Dimensions 9.3(h) x 6.25(w) x 0.56(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.