Economic Empowerment Through the Church: A Blueprint for Progressive Community Development
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Kingdom of God is not only spiritual -- it is intensely practical. The church today must move beyond its traditional role if it is to truly fulfill its mission. It can no longer respond only to spiritual needs and speak only to people's hearts. The church is called to be a force for change in the world, especially where the needs are greatest: the inner-city neighborhoods where crime, violence, and unemployment are the order of the day. Economic Empowerment Through the Church is a practical book that shows churches how to become a force for revitalization in their community by means of "economic empowerment"-- by becoming involved in the everyday, economic life of their communities. It shows churches how to structure themselves, how to avoid tax problems, what businesses they can operate without jeopardizing their tax-exempt status, and step-by-step guidelines for implementing ancillary operations such as real estate, day care centers, drug abuse rehabilitation centers, housing projects, and others. The book includes checklists that help churches avoid missing crucial steps, as well as sample documents and forms.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Gregory J. Reed
- About the Contributor(s) Gregory J. Reed is a prominent attorney, the author of sixteen books including various bestsellers, a NAACP Image multi-winner, and...
Gregory J. Reed is a prominent attorney, the author of sixteen books including various bestsellers, a NAACP Image multi-winner, and recipient of the American Book Award.show more
- Publish Date06/23/1994
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.63 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)20.18 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $12.59
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.