Classical Apologetics: A Rational Defense of the Christian Faith and a Critique of Presuppositional Apologetics
- Regular price
- Sale price
Must a person accept Christianity on faith alone, or is there a reasoned defense for being a Christian? The authors of this book hold that Christianity is eminently reasonable. The primacy of the mind in the Christian faith can be affirmed without denying the importance of the heart. This book embraces reason without rationalism, personal love without personalism, faith without fideism is our capacity to love Him. The book is divided into three parts. Section I is a prolegomenon dealing with the problems and methods of apologetics. Section II develops the theistic proofs and authority of Scripture. Section III is given over to a critique of presuppositionalism in apologetics, particularly with reference to the thought of Cornelius Van Til. Classical Apologetics will help the thoughtful Christian understand his or her faith better, and it will provide more solid grounds for sharing this faith with others.Read Less
- Contributor(s)John H. Gerstner , Arthur W. Lindsley , R.C. Sproul
- About the Contributor(s) Art Lindsley, M.Div. Ph.D. is the Vice President of Theological Initiatives at the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics. He...
Art Lindsley, M.Div. Ph.D. is the Vice President of Theological Initiatives at the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics. He previously served as President and Senior Fellow at the C.S. Lewis Institute since 1987. He is also the author of C.S. Lewis's Case for Christ, True Truth, Love: The Ultimate Apologetic, and co-author with R.C. Sproul and John Gerstner of Classical Apologetics.
Dr. R.C. Sproul is the founder and chairman of Ligonier Ministries, an international Christian education ministry located near Orlando, Florida. His teaching can be heard on the program Renewing Your Mind, which is broadcast on hundreds of radio outlets in the United States and in 40 countries worldwide. He is the executive editor of Tabletalk magazine, general editor of The Reformation Study Bible, and the author of more than seventy books and scores of articles for national evangelical publications. Dr. Sproul also serves as president of Ligonier Academy of Biblical and Theological Studies, and Reformation Bible College in Sanford, Florida. He currently serves as senior minister of preaching and teaching at Saint Andrew's in Sanford, FL.show more
- Publish Date06/26/1984
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.86 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)18.92 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $18.19
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.