1 and 2 Chronicles
- Regular price
- Sale price
Many today find the Old Testament a closed book. The cultural issues seem insurmountable and we are easily baffled by that which seems obscure. Furthermore, without knowledge of the ancient culture we can easily impose our own culture on the text, potentially distorting it. This series invites you to enter the Old Testament with a company of guides, experts that will give new insights into these cherished writings. Features include • Over 2000 photographs, drawings, maps, diagrams and charts provide a visual feast that breathes fresh life into the text. • Passage-by-passage commentary presents archaeological findings, historical explanations, geographic insights, notes on manners and customs, and more. • Analysis into the literature of the ancient Near East will open your eyes to new depths of understanding both familiar and unfamiliar passages. • Written by an international team of 30 specialists, all top scholars in background studies.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Simon Sherwin , Frederick Mabie , John H. Walton
- About the Contributor(s) Simon Sherwin (PhD, St. Edmund's College, Cambridge) is Independent Scholar; currently resides in Buckhaven, Fife, Scotland.Frederick J. Mabie (PhD, University...Simon Sherwin (PhD, St. Edmund's College, Cambridge) is Independent Scholar; currently resides in Buckhaven, Fife, Scotland.
Frederick J. Mabie (PhD, University of California at Los Angeles) is Independent Scholar; currently resides in West Linn, Oregon.
John H. Walton (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College Graduate School. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including Chronological and Background Charts of the Old Testament; Ancient Israelite Literature in Its Cultural Context; Covenant: God’s Purpose, God’s Plan; The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament; and A Survey of the Old Testament.show more
- Publish Date01/12/2016
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.