Zondervan Essential Companion to Christian History Video Study
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Zondervan Essential Companion to Christian History Video Study gives you what it promises: the essentials. This highly informative, broad-ranging study provides vital facts on the growth and impact of Christianity from the apostles to the present day not only in the Western world but also globally, including the development of Eastern Orthodox and Armenian Christianity, as well as Christianity in Latin America, Southeast Asia, the Baltic and Slavic states, and India. The study is organized by century, going through the major events, ideas, and personalities that have shaped Christian history around the world.
Along with its accompanying book, Zondervan Essential Companion to Christian History, this video study by author and scholar Stephen Backhouse covers:
- The main threads and issues running through each century of Christian history
- Explanations of key historical developments
- Thematic connections between centuries
- Focused looks at key persons, ideas, and events
The final session, devoted to the present century, identifies key themes that the Christian church is presently dealing with and suggests future issues. Useful for students and lay learners alike, the Zondervan Essential Companion to Christian History Video Study will help viewers to grasp the global, multifaceted story of Christians.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
1 - Servants and Leaders: 1-100 (8 min)
2 - Love and Courage: 100-200 (12 min)
3 - Martyrs and Heretics: 200-300 (10 min)
4 - Establishment and Resistance: 300-400 (13 min)
5 - East and West: 400-500 (11 min)
6 - Centres and Margins: 500-600 (11 min)
7 - Soldiers and Missionaries: 600-700 (12 min)
8 - Monks and Emperors: 700-800 (13 min)
9 - Conversion and Culture: 800-900 (13 min)
10 - Green Shoots, Dead Branches: 900-1000 (12 min)
11 - Popes, Kings, and Peasants: 1000-1100 (17 min)
12 - War and Peace: 1100-1200 (17 min)
13 - Empire and Wilderness: 1200-1300 (19 min)
14 - Humility and Power: 1300-1400 (18 min)
15 - Church and State: 1400-1500 (19 min)
16 - Expansion and Consolidation: 1500-1600 (23 min)
17 - Reform and Revival: 1600-1700 (23 min)
18 - Reason and Revolution: 1700-1800 (23 min)
19 - Progress and Preservation: 1800-1900 (30 min)
20 - Sacrifice and Invention: 1900-2000 (32 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Stephen Backhouse
- About the Contributor(s) Stephen Backhouse (DPhil, Oxford) is the founder and director of Tent Theology, a venture that designs and delivers theology programmes...
Stephen Backhouse (DPhil, Oxford) is the founder and director of Tent Theology, a venture that designs and delivers theology programmes to local churches. He is the Dean of Theology in the Local Church for Westminster Theological Centre and was formerly the Lecturer in Social and Political Theology at St Mellitus College. He is a historian of Christian thought, an expert on the work of Søren Kierkegaard and a recognised authority on the political theology of nations and nationalism. He is the author of many publications, including the award-winning popular biography Kierkegaard: A Single Life (Zondervan, 2016) and the Zondervan Essential Companion to Christian History (Zondervan, 2019). He has lived in the United States, and makes his home in Britain and Canada.show more
- Publish Date09/24/2019
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.29 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)8.15 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $20.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.