Toward Rediscovering the Old Testament
- Regular price
- Sale price
Toward Rediscovering the Old Testament gives an up-to-date, concise, and challenging presentation of several major areas of Old Testament study. After defining the problems, the author proposes models and solutions for some age-old dilemmas. Here are just some of the more than two dozen major questions that are discussed: What makes the thirty-nine books of the Old Testament authoritative for the church? How much continuity and discontinuity is there between the Old and New Testaments? Did the Old Testament writers consciously anticipate the Messiah? Were the object and method of salvation the same in both Testaments? What was the Old Testament believer’s experience of the Holy Spirit? How can Christians teach or preach form the prophetic portions of the Old Testament? What is the challenge of the Old Testament for missions? According to Dr. Kaiser, understanding the Old Testament is the crucial problem for the Christian. Hardly an area in the Christian life, Christian doctrine, and biblical studies is not affected by one’s understanding of the Old Testament. This book is a forceful demonstration of that truth. It deals with some of the crucial topics necessary to a proper and practical interpretation and application of the Old Testament and discusses them in three parts: (1) The Old Testament and Scholarship, (2) The Old Testament and Theology, and (3) The Old Testament and Life.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.
- About the Contributor(s) Walter C. Kaiser Jr. (PhD, Brandeis University) is distinguished professor emeritus of Old Testament and president emeritus of Gordon-Conwell Theological...Walter C. Kaiser Jr. (PhD, Brandeis University) is distinguished professor emeritus of Old Testament and president emeritus of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in South Hamilton, Massachusetts. Dr. Kaiser has written over 40 books, including Toward an Exegetical Theology: Biblical Exegesis for Preaching and Teaching; The Messiah in the Old Testament; and The Promise-Plan of God; and coauthored An Introduction to Biblical Hermeneutics: The Search for Meaning. Dr. Kaiser and his wife, Marge, currently reside at Kerith Farm in Cedar Grove, Wisconsin. Dr. Kaiser’s website is www.walterckaiserjr.com. show more
- Publish Date09/02/1991
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.62 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.35 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $16.09
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.