Theology in the Context of World Christianity Video Lectures: How the Global Church Is Influencing the Way We Think about and Discuss Theology
- Regular price
- Sale price
Global research is clear: The center of Christianity has shifted from the West to the global South and East. While the truths of the Christian faith are universal, new contexts bring new questions, new understandings, and new expressions.
What does this mean for theology? Is the Christian faith not only culturally translatable, but also theologically translatable? In Theology in the Context of World Christianity Video Lectures and its accompanying book, Theology in the Context of World Christianity, author Timothy Tennent answers this question with a resounding yes.
Theological reflection is alive and well in the majority world church, and these new perspectives need to be heard, considered, and brought into conversation with Western theologians. Global theology can make us aware of our own blind spots and biases. Largely conservative in its stance, global theology has much to offer toward the revitalization of Western Christianity.
Theology in the Context of World Christianity Video Lectures examines traditional theological concepts in conversation with theologians across the globe, making these sessions valuable for students, pastors, missionaries, and theologians alike.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
0 - Introduction (8 min)
1 - The Emergence of a Global Theological Discourse (32 min)
2 - Theology: Is the Father of Jesus the God of Muhammad? (32 min)
3 - Bibliology: Hindu Sacred Texts in Pre-Christian Past (40 min)
4 - Anthropology: Human Identity in Shame-Based Cultures of the Far East (31 min)
5 - Christology: Christ as Healer and Ancestor in Africa (44 min)
6 - Soteriology: Is "Salvation by Grace through Faith Alone" Unique to Christianity? (26 min)
7 - Pneumatology: The Holy Spirit in Latin American Pentecostalism (35 min)
8 - Ecclesiology: Followers of Jesus in Islamic Mosques (36 min)
9 - Eschatology: Jonathan Edwards and the Chinese Back to Jerusalem Movement (30 min)
10 - The Emerging Contours of Global Theology (35 min)
- Contributor(s)Timothy C. Tennent
- About the Contributor(s) Timothy C. Tennent (PhD, University of Edinburgh, Scotland) is President, Professor of World Christianity at Asbury Theological Seminary. He is...
Timothy C. Tennent (PhD, University of Edinburgh, Scotland) is President, Professor of World Christianity at Asbury Theological Seminary. He is the author of Building Christianity on Indian Foundations and Christianity at the Religious Roundtable. Dr. Tennent and wife, Julie, reside in Wilmore, Kentucky, with their two children, Jonathan and Bethany.show more
- Publish Date06/04/2019
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.29 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)8.73 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.25(w) x 0.6(d) inches
- Price $27.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.