- Regular price
- Sale price
A lawyer ready to die takes one final case...the trial of his life.
Attorney Kent "Mac" MacClain has nothing left to live for. Nine years after the horrific accident that claimed the life of his wife and two sons, he's finally given up. His empty house is a mirror for his empty soul, it seems suicide is his only escape. And then the phone rings.
Angela Hightower, the beautiful heiress and daughter of the most powerful man in Dennison Springs, has been found dead at the bottom of a ravine. The accused killer, Peter Thomason, needs a lawyer. But Mac has come up against the Hightowers and their ruthless, high-powered lawyers before -- an encounter that left his practice and reputation reeling.
The evidence pointing to Thomason's guilt seems insurmountable. Is Mac defending an ingenious psychopath, or has Thomason been framed--possibly by a member of the victim's family? It comes down to one last trial. For Thomason, the opponent is the electric chair. For Mac, it is his own tormented past--a foe that will prove every bit as deadly.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Robert Whitlow
- About the Contributor(s) Robert Whitlow is the bestselling author of legal novels set in the South and winner of the Christy Award for...
Robert Whitlow is the bestselling author of legal novels set in the South and winner of the Christy Award for Contemporary Fiction. He received his JD with honors from the University of Georgia School of Law where he served on the staff of the Georgia Law Review. Website: robertwhitlow.com; Twitter: @whitlowwriter; Facebook: robertwhitlowbooks.show more
- Publish Date08/20/2004
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $4.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.