The Story of the Christian Church
- Regular price
- Sale price
No institution has spanned more centuries and more continents than the Christian church. Its dramatic story is one of bloodshed and peace, corruption and purity. Here Dr. Hurlbut retells this story in an objective, concise, and clear style, emphasizing the spirit of the church, its growth and maturation, and the causes leading to historic events and their resulting influence. Accurate, up-to-date, and vividly presented, Hurlbut's Story of the Christian Church traces the six general periods of church history from A.D. 30 to the present day. A concluding section, covering the period since Dr. Hurlbut's death, has been added in this revised edition, thus giving the reader a complete, easily understood overview of the Christian church. Designed for two audiences, this book contains outlines and references in the margins to aid the student or teacher along with a continuous narrative and numerous illustrations for the general reader. It is ideal for Sunday school use, since it includes suggested outlines and review questions for each chapter at the end of the book.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jesse Lyman Hurlbut
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Jesse Lyman Hurlbut (1843-1930) was an American Methodist Episcopal minister and served several congregations of New Jersey during his...
Dr. Jesse Lyman Hurlbut (1843-1930) was an American Methodist Episcopal minister and served several congregations of New Jersey during his life. He also held the position of General Secretary of the Sunday School Union and the Trust Society of the Methodist Church. He was born in New York City and graduated from Wesleyan University in 1864. He was a prolific author and wrote numerous books.show more
- Publish Date09/19/1967
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)0.64 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.02 lb
- Dimensions 8.25(h) x 5.63(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.