The New King James Version: In the Great Tradition
- Regular price
- Sale price
In 1975, the boldest, most extensive project in modern Bible publishing history began. 130 Bible scholars, pastors and communicators gathered with one goal in mind - to preserve the accuracy, authority and beauty of the King James Version while updating the language for modern readers.
This book offers an insightful glance into the history of this event as only the Executive Editor, Arthur L. Farstad can tell. If you've ever thought that a room full of biblical scholars sorting through Hebrew and Greek was boring, then think again. Revealing the pain staking progress that each member of the committee made over the seven-year process, three distinct sections guide the reader through the purpose of the NKJV translation:
- Part One: Accuracy
- Part Two: Beauty
- Part Three: Completeness
- Contributor(s)Arthur L. Farstad
- About the Contributor(s) Arthur L. Farstad served as the Executive Editor of the New King James translation of the Bible. Dr. Farstad was...Arthur L. Farstad served as the Executive Editor of the New King James translation of the Bible. Dr. Farstad was a well-respected Greek scholar and theologian having taught at Dallas Theological Seminary in Greek studies. In addition to the NKJV, he served at consulting editor for the New Scofield Study Bible and co-editor of The New Greek Testament According to the Majority Text and served as Editor for the Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society. Dr. Farstad went to be with our Lord in 1998. show more
- Publish Date04/01/2014
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.