The Magnolia Story
- Regular price
- Sale price
Now available in paperback with a new chapter.
Are you ready to see your fixer upper? These famous words are now synonymous with the dynamic husband-and-wife team Chip and Joanna Gaines, stars of HGTV’s Fixer Upper. As this question fills the airwaves with anticipation, their legions of fans continue to multiply and ask a different series of questions, such as—What inspires Joanna’s style? What’s the secret to Chip and Joanna’s success? And is Chip actually that funny in real life? By renovating homes in Waco, Texas, and changing lives in such a winsome and engaging way, Chip and Joanna have become more than just the stars of Fixer Upper; they have become America’s new best friends.
The Magnolia Story is the first book from Chip and Joanna, offering their fans a detailed look at their life together. From the very first renovation project they ever tackled together, to the project that nearly cost them everything; from the childhood memories that shaped them, to the twists and turns that led them to the life they share on the farm today.
They both attended Baylor University in Waco. However, their paths did not cross until Chip checked his car into the local Firestone tire shop where Joanna worked behind the counter. Even back then Chip was a serial entrepreneur who, among other things, ran a lawn care company, sold fireworks, and flipped houses. Soon they were married and living in their first fixer upper. Four children and countless renovations later, Joanna garnered the attention of a television producer who noticed her work on a blog one day.
In The Magnolia Story fans will finally get to join the Gaines behind the scenes and discover:
- The time Chip ran to the grocery store and forgot to take their new, sleeping baby
- Joanna’s agonizing decision to close her dream business to focus on raising their children
- When Chip buys a houseboat, sight-unseen, and it turns out to be a leaky wreck
- Joanna’s breakthrough moment of discovering the secret to creating a beautiful home
- Harrowing stories of the financial ups and downs as an entrepreneurial couple
- Memories and photos from Chip and Jo’s wedding
- The significance of the word magnolia and why it permeates everything they do
- The way the couple pays the popularity of Fixer Upper forward, sharing the success with others and bolstering the city of Waco along the way
And yet there is still one lingering question for fans of the show: Is Chip really that funny? “Oh yeah,” says Joanna. “He was, and still is, my first fixer upper.”
- Contributor(s)Chip Gaines , Joanna Gaines
- About the Contributor(s) Chip Gaines is the cofounder of Magnolia, a home and lifestyle brand based in Waco, Texas, which he started with...
Chip Gaines is the cofounder of Magnolia, a home and lifestyle brand based in Waco, Texas, which he started with his wife, Joanna, in 2003. Born in Albuquerque and raised in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, Chip graduated from Baylor University’s Hankamer School of Business with a degree in marketing. An entrepreneur by nature, he started and sold many small businesses before the world came to know him and Joanna through HGTV’s Fixer Upper. He is the author of two New York Times bestsellers, The Magnolia Story and Capital Gaines: Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff. This October, Chip and Joanna return to television with the launch of the Magnolia Network.
Joanna Gaines is the co-founder of Magnolia, a home and lifestyle brand that she started with her husband, Chip, in 2003. She is the bestselling author of The Magnolia Story, Magnolia Table, and Homebody, as well as editor-in-chief of Magnolia Journal, a lifestyle magazine offering inspiration for your life and home. The Gaineses, along with their five kids, live on a farm in Waco, Texas, where they enjoy caring for their bustling family garden.show more
- Publish Date04/30/2019
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)36.03 lb
- Dimensions 8.4(h) x 5.45(w) x 0.58(d) inches
- Price $13.29