The Life You've Always Wanted Leader's Guide: Six Sessions on Spiritual Disciplines for Ordinary People
- Regular price
- Sale price
What does the spiritual life really look like?
If you're tired of the status quo – if you suspect there's more to Christianity that what you've experienced – John Ortberg invites you to join him on a road to transformation and spiritual vigor that anyone can take. The Life You've Always Wanted video-based Bible study guide you down the ancient path of the spiritual disciplines.
This Leader's Guide give you the clear, step-by-step instructions you need to maximize interaction, support, and insights within your group. Most of the preparation has been done for you – just follow the easy-to-use lesson plan, complete with helpful tips. Because this book includes the full text of the Participant's Guide, it's the only guidebook you need to track page-for-page with your group.
Cultivate new intimacy and confidence in prayer. Discover the freedom of secrecy. Taste the benefits of slowing life's frenetic pace. Learn how to be guided by the Holy Spirit… and more.
- It's Morphing Time
- Slowing Down and Celebrating
- Praying and Confessing
- Meditating on Scripture and Seeking Guidance
- Practicing Servanthood, Finding Freedom
- Going the Distance with a Well-Ordered Heart
- Contributor(s)John Ortberg , Stephen and Amanda Sorenson
- About the Contributor(s) John Ortberg is the senior pastor of Menlo Park Presbyterian Church (MPPC) in the San Francisco Bay Area. His bestselling...
John Ortberg is the senior pastor of Menlo Park Presbyterian Church (MPPC) in the San Francisco Bay Area. His bestselling books include Soul Keeping, Who Is This Man?, and If You Want to Walk on Water, You’ve Got to Get out of the Boat. John teaches around the world at conferences and churches, writes articles for Christianity Today and Leadership Journal, and is on the board of the Dallas Willard Center and Fuller Seminary. He has preached sermons on Abraham Lincoln, The LEGO Movie, and The Gospel According to Les Miserables. John and his wife Nancy enjoy spending time with their three adult children, dog Baxter, and surfing the Pacific. You can follow John on twitter @johnortberg or check out the latest news/blogs on his website at www.johnortberg.com.
Stephen and Amanda Sorenson are founders of Sorenson Communications and have co-written many small group curriculum guidebooks, including the entire Faith Lessons series.show more
- Publish Date08/10/2004
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.26 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.96 lb
- Dimensions 11.0(h) x 8.5(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $20.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.