The Holy Spirit, A Video Study: 10 Lessons on Biblical Revelation and Its Doctrinal Implications
- Regular price
- Sale price
Who is the Holy Spirit and how does the Spirit come to be in relation to the Father and the Son? What is the mission of the Spirit and where does it come from? Scholar and author Chris Holmes takes up the questions surrounding the Spirit's procession and mission with the help of three of the church’s greatest teachers--Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, and Karl Barth.
Drawing on their engagements with the Fourth Gospel, Holmes presents an account of the Spirit's identity, origin, and acts to show how the acts of the Spirit derive from the Spirit's life in relation to Father and Son--and the extent to which the Spirit's mission testifies to the Spirit's origin.
Alongside The Holy Spirit book, The Holy Spirit, A Video Study presents a way forward for pneumatology. Housed within the doctrine of the Trinity, pneumatology's joyful task is to describe the Spirit's acts among us in light of their source in the Spirit's acts in God. The end of this inquiry is our beatitude--knowledge of the Trinity that yields to love of the Trinity.
The Holy Spirit, A Video Study is part of The Zondervan Beyond the Basics Video Series, which is dedicated to bringing expert teaching from world's best theologians and biblical scholars directly to interested learners. The Holy Spirit, A Video Study offers the chance to learn about one of the central tenants of the Christian faith from one of today's premier theologians.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
1 - Introduction: On Learning the Holy Spirit (10 min)
2 - The Spirit and the New Birth (18 min)
3 - "Heavenly Things" (19 min)
4 - "Rivers of Living Water" (14 min)
5 - The Kingship of Jesus and the Spirit (12 min)
6 - The Redemptive Spirit (14 min)
7 - The Spirit of Christ (17 min)
8 - Regenerated Sight (18 min)
9 - Church and Tradition (20 min)
10 - On Theological Vision (16 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Christopher R. J. Holmes
- About the Contributor(s) Christopher R.J. Holmes (ThD, Wycliffe College, University of Toronto) is senior lecturer in systematic theology in the department of theology...
Christopher R.J. Holmes (ThD, Wycliffe College, University of Toronto) is senior lecturer in systematic theology in the department of theology and religion, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand. Christopher is an Anglican priest and is the author of Revisiting the Doctrine of the Divine Attributes: In Dialogue with Karl Barth, Eberhard Jüngel, and Wolf Krötke (2007), Ethics in the Presence of Christ (2012), as well as many articles on the theology of Karl Barth, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and on Christian doctrine.
- Publish Date02/09/2021
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The Zondervan Beyond the Basics Video Series
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.03 lb
- Price $97.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.