The Gospel According to Jesus: A Faith that Restores All Things
- Regular price
- Sale price
Most Christians are living a distorted Christian life. You don't have to be one of them.
According to a recent survey conducted by Chris Seay and Barna Research Group, this is not just speculation; it's the reality for the church today.
The Gospel According to Jesus takes an in-depth look at this research study, which examines our understanding of the command, "Seek first the kingdom and His righteousness." Most Christians define righteousness as morality. This means that what's being preached by the church is not at all the gospel Jesus intended for His followers.
Through personal stories, interviews with today's church leaders, and a detailed study of the book of Romans, Chris uncovers a staggering disconnect between the gospel according to Christians and the gospel according to Jesus--the redeeming, restorative gospel that a broken world so desperately needs. Our role, he says, is to join Jesus in restoring the world. Will you?
- Contributor(s)Chris Seay
- About the Contributor(s) Chris Seay is the pastor of Ecclesia, a progressive Christian community in Houston, Texas, recognized for exploring spiritual questions of...
Chris Seay is the pastor of Ecclesia, a progressive Christian community in Houston, Texas, recognized for exploring spiritual questions of culture and breaking new ground in art, music, and film. Chris is the author of The Gospel According to Tony Soprano and The Gospel Reloaded. He lives in Houston with his wife, Lisa, and their four children.show more
- Publish Date09/28/2010
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.