The Fisherman's Testament
- Regular price
- Sale price
It is the year AD 62. The notorious Roman emperor Nero orders Marco Junio Vitalis, a seasoned military general, to assist him in a most peculiar legal proceeding. Vitalis interrogates an elderly Jewish fisherman called Peter, who many years earlier had been a close friend of a man known as Jesus—the same Jesus condemned to death in Jerusalem by Pontius Pilate. Loyal to the emperor, Vitalis determines to do everything in his power to expose the truth around this strange new religious sect before it undermines Roman rule. So it is, through the course of interrogation between veteran soldier and detainee, that a story emerges that will shake the very foundations of the Roman Empire. Now making its first-ever appearance in English, this award-winning, meticulously researched Spanish bestseller transports readers back to ancient Rome … to a culture far removed from ours yet with striking similarities … and a time of tumultuous upheaval where the stakes are high for followers of Christ.Read Less
- Contributor(s)César Vidal
- About the Contributor(s) César Vidal has authored over fifty books, works of historical fiction and nonfiction. Among his award-winning books are Pablo: El...César Vidal has authored over fifty books, works of historical fiction and nonfiction. Among his award-winning books are Pablo: El Judio del Tarso, on the life of the apostle Paul which won the Algabo Prize for Biography (2006); El Testamento del Pescador (The Fisherman’s Testament), which won the Martinez Roca Premio Espiritualidad (2004); and Los Hijos de la Luz (Children of the Light), which won the Novela Ciudad Torrevieja Prize (2005). A devout Christian, Vidal lives in Madrid, Spain. show more
- Publish Date05/26/2009
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.