The Famous Dutch Kitchen Restaurant Cookbook: Family-Style Diner Delights from the Heart of Pennsylvania
- Regular price
- Sale price
Part diner, part family-style restaurant, the Famous Dutch Kitchen Restaurant in Frackville, Pennsylvania, north of Lancaster County, serves up some of the best food in this popular tourist area visited by more than five million people each year. Feast on turkey pot pie, ham and cabbage casserole, and delicious vegetables. The cornbread is moist, flavorful, and nearly as sweet as cake. And top it all off with shoofly pie or the Famous Dutch Kitchen's signature Atomic Banana Split.
Pennsylvania Dutch Country is a land of rolling farmlands dotted with one-room schoolhouses where you will encounter horse-drawn buggies, beautiful quilts, and industrious "Plain People."
The Famous Dutch Kitchen Restaurant is the seventh restaurant to be chosen by authors Jane and Michael Stern for their Roadfood cookbook series which celebrates the finest regional restaurants in the United States. It includes an 8-page color insert.
Previous Roadfood cookbooks include:
Blue Willow Inn Cookbook-1-55853-991-3
El Charo Cookbook-1-55853-992-1
Durgin Park Cookbook-1-4016-0028-X
Harry Carey's Cookbook-1-4016-0095-6
Louie's Backyard Cookbook-1-4016-0038-7
Carbone's Cookbook-1-4016-0122-7 Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jane Stern , Michael Stern , Tom Levkulic , Jennifer Levkulic
- About the Contributor(s) Jane Stern was raised in New York City and southern Arizona, learning to love both hot pastrami sandwiches and bordertown...Jane Stern was raised in New York City and southern Arizona, learning to love both hot pastrami sandwiches and bordertown chimichangas. She met Michael Stern when they were graduate students at Yale University, at which point the couple set out on a lifelong quest to find the best American food and to write about it.
Michael Stern was raised at a Heartland table of square meals. The Sterns’ monthly “Roadfood” column in Gourmet magazine has earned them three James Beard Awards for journalism. They are heard weekly on Public Radio's The Splendid Table. show more
- Publish Date01/23/2004
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $4.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.