The Christian Travelers Guide to Italy
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Christian Travelers Guides deal directly with what even the best general travel guides only touch on: Christianity’s enormous influence on Europe--and, through its history and culture, Europe’s influence on Christianity. This unique series guides you on a pilgrimage to the heart of our Christian heritage. Saints and secularists, martyrs and kings, castles and cathedrals, public squares and rolling hillsides, great works of art, literature, and architecture: The legacy of the Christian faith takes on immediacy and impact as you see firsthand the places where believers through the centuries lived and died, shaping our world with their faith. In rich detail and depth, The Christian Travelers Guide to Italy describes the history, literature, music, art, and architecture of Italy. Nearly 50 Christian Heritage Sites, with fascinating information on different places to visit List of "Top 10 Christian Sites in Italy" Insights for enjoying your visits to Italian churches and cathedrals Sidebars featuring mini-biographies of key historical figures and short essays on great works of art Glossary of religious terms Access The Christian Travelers Guides Website at http://www.christian-travelers-guides.comRead Less
- Contributor(s)David Bershad , Caroline Mangone , Irving Hexham
- About the Contributor(s) David Bershad is professor of art history at the University of Calgary. He received his Ph.D. at UCLA. David has...David Bershad is professor of art history at the University of Calgary. He received his Ph.D. at UCLA. David has written numerous articles on the people and places in Italy and has received many honors and awards.
Irving Hexham is professor of Religious Studies at the University of Calgary and adjunct professor of World Christianity at Liverpool Hope University. He has published twenty-seven academic books, including The Concise Dictionary of Religion, Understanding Cults and New Religions, and Religion and Economic Thought, plus eighty major academic articles and chapters in books, numerous popular articles, and book reviews. Recently he completed a report for the United Nations’ refugee agency on religious conflict in Africa and another for the Canadian Government’s Department of Canadian Heritage on Religious Publications in Canada. He is listed in Who’s Who in Canada and various scholarly directories. In 2008, he was honored at the historic Humboldt University in Berlin with a Festschrift, Border Crossings: Explorations of an Interdisciplinary Historian (Stuttgart: Franz Steiner Verlag).show more
- Publish Date04/05/2001
- Series Christian Travelers Guide Series
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.5 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)14.01 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $11.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.