Survival Guide for the Soul Video Study: How to Flourish Spiritually in a World that Pressures Us to Achieve
- Regular price
- Sale price
What keeps us from flourishing in our spiritual lives is a neglect of the inner life of the soul. And more and more today, this neglect is driven by our ambition to accomplish something big outside ourselves. We live in a society that pressures us to achieve professionally, socially, and through the constant acquisition of material possessions. Drawing on a wide range of sources including Scripture, church history, psychology, and neuroscience, as well as a rich variety of stories from his own life, author and pastor Ken Shigematsu demonstrates how the gospel redeems our desires and reorders our lives. The Survival Guide for the Soul Video Study, along its accompanying book, Survival Guide for the Soul, offers fresh perspective on how certain spiritual practices help orient our lives so that our souls can flourish in the midst of a demanding, competitive society. Lessons conclude with a liberating and counter-cultural definition of true greatness.
This video study will appeal to anyone who longs to experience a deeper relationship with Christ in the midst of the daily pressures to succeed, as well as to those on the borderlands of faith seeking to transcend the human tendency to define ourselves by our production and success.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
1 - Introduction (12 min)
2 - The Divided Self (7 min)
3 - The Whole Self (10 min)
4 - Spiritual Practices (16 min)
5 - Meditation (17 min)
6 - Sabbath (18 min)
7 - Gratitude (18 min)
8 - Simple Abundance (17 min)
9 - Servanthood (15 min)
10 - Friendship (19 min)
11 - Vocation (19 min)
12 - Redefining Greatness (6 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Ken Shigematsu
- About the Contributor(s) Ken Shigematsu is the Senior Pastor of Tenth Church in Vancouver, BC, one of the largest and most diverse city-center...
Ken Shigematsu is the Senior Pastor of Tenth Church in Vancouver, BC, one of the largest and most diverse city-center churches in Canada. He is the recipient of the Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Medal awarded to Canadians in recognition for their outstanding contribution to the country. Before entering pastoral ministry, he worked for the Sony Corporation in Tokyo and draws on both eastern and western perspectives in writing and speaking. Ken lives in Vancouver with his wife, Sakiko, and their son, Joey.show more
- Publish Date11/05/2019
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.2 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)6.02 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $20.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.