Streams in the Desert: 366 Daily Devotional Readings
- Regular price
- Sale price
Everyone goes through difficult seasons, tough losses, and moments that feel unbearable. In today's world, people thirst more than ever for reassurance and guidance. Streams in the Desert provides a river of wisdom, encouragement, and inspiration to weary travelers.
ABC's Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts reads Streams in the Desert every day. Roberts said, "It's my most prized possession…my family, each of us has a copy and we read it every morning…it just brings us closer together."
In this updated edition, you'll find:
- 366 devotions with updated modern text and a durable leathersoft cover
- More Scripture, Subject, and Contributor Indices
- A ribbon marker to hold your place
- A powerful collection of meditations, Christian writings, and Scripture featured in the original edition
- Precise NIV text to help believers embrace timeless messages of God's faithfulness
Easy to read, yet true to the essence of the original, this Streams in the Desert offers a refreshing daily dip into God's purpose, plan, and enduring promise.Read Less
- Contributor(s)L. B. E. Cowman , Jim Reimann
- About the Contributor(s) L. B. Cowman worked as a pioneer missionary with her husband in Japan and China from 1901 to 1917, during...
L. B. Cowman worked as a pioneer missionary with her husband in Japan and China from 1901 to 1917, during which time they helped found the Oriental Missionary Society. When Mr. Cowman's poor health forced the couple to return to the United States, Mrs. Cowman turned her attention to caring for her husband until his death six years later. Out of Mrs. Cowman's experiences and heartbreak came her first book, Streams in the Desert, followed by its companion Springs in the Valley. During the next twenty-five years, Mrs. Cowman inspired several nationwide Scripture distribution campaigns and wrote seven more books. Finally, on Easter Sunday in 1960, at the age of ninety, Mrs. Cowman met face-to-face the God she had served so faithfully for nearly a century.
Jim Reimann has more than five million books in print in twelve languages, including the updated editions of Streams in the Desert and My Utmost for His Highest. He was a former retail executive and past chairman of the Christian Booksellers Association. As an ordained minister, Bible teacher, author, and expert on Israel, he hosted teaching tours of Israel and other Bible lands, which he offered through his website. www.JimReimann.comshow more
- Publish Date09/09/2008
- Format Italian Duo-Tone™
- Weight (lbs)0.56 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)13.44 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 4.88(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $11.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.