Seriously Sick Bible Stuff
Ed Strauss | Erwin Haya
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders over $30 in Continental US
Written in the humorous, gross style of the 2:52 line, designed to ignite the interest of boys. Bible Freaks & Geeks—This book helps boys t... Read More
Written in the humorous, gross style of the 2:52 line, designed to ignite the interest of boys. Bible Freaks & Geeks—This book helps boys to grow smarter, stronger, deeper, and cooler by showing them how hurtful name-calling can be. In a fun, engaging format, the book highlights biblical examples of machos, jocks, goons, wonks, slackers, airheads, and more. Through the biblical examples of characters who some would likely classify in these terms today, we learn what kind of people God has used throughout history to accomplish his plans. In Bible Freaks & Geeks we also discover that not only are people wrongfully labeled today by such general and unkind terms, but that even in ancient times, humans exhibited the same traits that we see today. Readers will learn more about the characters in the Bible, and also how to discern between descriptive labels and harmful stereotypes. Seriously Sick Bible Stuff—This book gives boys the lowdown on what living in ancient Israel was really like. In fun and engaging 2:52 style, it offers humorous, gross facts about day-to-day life in Bible times, shattering any illusions boys may have about how much easier things would have been if they had lived during Jesus’ day. This book exposes boys to the truth: sleeping next to goats (and cleaning up after them in the morning!), eating food that was spiced because it was spoiled, drinking water that was probably unsafe, and using bathroom accommodations that made outhouses look good. Not to mention the tough, boring work kids had to do! Seriously Sick Bible Stuff helps boys understand the people of Jesus’ time—making them grateful for the life God has given them today. ED STRAUSS By his early teen years, Ed Strauss was writing several novels at once. He had a dresser for his clothing, but Ed had different priorities. The bottom drawer held his comic books—mostly Spider-Man, Tarzan, and Turok. The middle drawer overflowed with his story notes, research, and maps. The top drawer was stuffed with clothing. On a nearby shelf was Ed’s favorite reading material, an encyclopedia set he had won on a nationwide kiddie show. Ed lives in Chilliwack, BC. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Ed Strauss , Erwin Haya
- About the Contributor(s) Ed Strauss lives in British Columbia, Canada, with his wife and three tween-aged children. Ed is a freelance writer with...Ed Strauss lives in British Columbia, Canada, with his wife and three tween-aged children. Ed is a freelance writer with a passion for Biblical apologetics and fantasy fiction. Apart from writing, Ed enjoys biking and exploring nature. show more
- Publish Date09/27/2007
- Series 2:52
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.39 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)31.22 lb
- Dimensions 9.1(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.38(d) inches
- Price $5.59
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.