- Regular price
- Sale price
You already know Johnnie Gabriel.
She’s in your Tuesday night Bunco group. You’re in the same Sunday school class. Your families tailgate together during football season. She’s that friend who always has the perfect recipe for every occasion. Second Helpings draws from Johnnie’s personal collection of tried and true favorites, alongside the menu mainstays of her closest friends, family members, and fellow restaurant industry pals. With more than 20 years of professional bakery and restaurant experience, this Georgia lady knows a thing or two about pleasing a crowd of hungry Southerners.
Want a meal that’s sure to keep ‘em coming back for more? Get things started with Johnnie’s Black Eyed Pea Spread. Offer up her Shrimp Creole or Smoky Chipotle Grilled Baby Back Ribs next; but make sure to save some room for the finishing touch—cool slices of Strawberry Layer Crème Pie. These recipes weren’t concocted in a glass-walled test kitchen. These are the time-tested meals that have nourished and comforted families at tables across the South for decades. Second helpings all around? Inevitable!Read Less
- Contributor(s)Johnnie Gabriel
- About the Contributor(s) Johnnie Gabriel started baking cakes alongside her grandmother as a young girl in south Georgia. Today, Johnnie is known as Atlanta’s...
Johnnie Gabriel started baking cakes alongside her grandmother as a young girl in south Georgia. Today, Johnnie is known as Atlanta’s “Cake Lady” for her mouth-watering red velvet cupcakes, award-winning wedding cakes, and other delectable desserts. In 1996, Johnnie and Ed Gabriel expanded their successful dessert business into Gabriel’s Restaurant and Bakery, a popular restaurant serving homemade southern comfort food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Publish Date10/19/2010
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.