Safe People: How to Find Relationships that are Good for You and Avoid Those That Aren't
- Regular price
- Sale price
Revitalize your relationships, put an end to getting burned--and start enjoying the healthy, balanced connection everyone wants and needs.
Too many of us have invested ourselves into relationships where things have gone wrong. You may have experienced being judged, manipulated controlled, or worse. The impact of being with an unsafe person can be damaging to your confidence, your trust in others, and even your health. And what's more, we either repeat the same mistakes of judgment over and over, or else simply give up on trying to have great, authentic relationships again.
Why do we choose the wrong people to get involved with? Is it possible to change? And if so, where does one begin?
Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend offer solid guidance for making safe choices in relationships, from family to friendship, romance, and work. Their expert insights will help you:
- Correct things within you that jeopardize your relational security
- Learn the 20 traits of untrustworthy people
- Recognize what makes people relationally safe
- Avoid unhealthy relationships
- Form positive relationships
- Become a safe person yourself
You'll discover why good people can get tangled in bad relationships. And you'll learn how to avoid repeating your own mistakes and how to pick safe, healthy people for the friends you make and the company you keep.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Henry Cloud , John Townsend
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Henry Cloud is a clinical psychologist, pastor to pastors, and New York Times bestselling author. His 45 books, including...
Dr. Henry Cloud is a clinical psychologist, pastor to pastors, and New York Times bestselling author. His 45 books, including the iconic Boundaries, have sold over 20 million copies worldwide. Throughout his storied career as a clinician, he started treatment centers, created breakthrough new models rooted in research, and has been a leading voice on issues of mental health and leadership on a global scale. Dr. Cloud lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Tori, and their two daughters, Olivia and Lucy.
Dr. John Townsend is a nationally known leadership consultant, psychologist, and author, selling over 10 million books, including the New York Times bestselling Boundaries series. John founded the Townsend Institute for Leadership and Counseling and the Townsend Leadership Program. Dr. Townsend travels extensively for corporate consulting, speaking events, and to help develop leaders, their teams, and their families. John and his family live in Southern California and Texas. Visit DrTownsend.com.show more
- Publish Date08/02/2016
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.4 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.94 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.31(w) x 0.58(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $11.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.