Rachel's Tears: 10th Anniversary Edition: The Spiritual Journey of Columbine Martyr Rachel Scott
- Regular price
- Sale price
"I am not going to apologize for speaking the name of Jesus . . . If I have to sacrifice everything . . . I will." –Rachel Scott
The Columbine tragedy in April 1999 pierced the heart of our country. We later learned that the teenage killers specifically targeted Rachel Scott and mocked her Christian faith on their chilling, homemade videotapes. Rachel Scott died for her faith. Now her parents talk about Rachel's life and how they have found meaning in their daughter's martyrdom in the aftermath of the school shooting. Rachel's Tears comes from a heartfelt need to celebrate this young girl's life, to work through the grief and the questions of a nation, and to comfort those who have been touched by violence in our schools today. Using excerpts and drawings from Rachel's own journals, her parents offer a spiritual perspective on the Columbine tragedy and provide a vision of hope for preventing youth violence across the nation.
Meets national education standards.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Beth Nimmo , Darrell Scott , Steve Rabey
- About the Contributor(s) Beth Nimmo is the mother of Rachel Scott, the first victim killed at Columbine High School. Beth is the co-author...Beth Nimmo is the mother of Rachel Scott, the first victim killed at Columbine High School. Beth is the co-author of Rachel's Tears and author of The Journals of Rachel Scott.
Steve Rabey is a veteran author and journalist who has published more than fifty books and two thousand articles about religion, spirituality, and culture. He was an instructor at Fuller and Denver seminaries and the US Air Force Academy. He and his wife, Lois, live in Colorado.
- Publish Date02/17/2009
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.5 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)18.02 lb
- Dimensions 7.9(h) x 5.25(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.