Quiet Prayer: The Hidden Purpose and Power of Christian Meditation
- Regular price
- Sale price
The world around us teems with chaos and noise. We can change this turmoil by first changing the turmoil within us. That’s what Quiet Prayer is all about.
In Quiet Prayer, bestselling author Marie Chapian introduces readers to the ancient Christian tradition of solitude and meditation—a way of being in the presence of God based on silence and stillness. She answers questions Christians may have, such as:
- Is it Christian to meditate?
- What is Quiet Prayer meditation?
- What are the benefits of Quiet Prayer?
Through learning about the history of Christian meditation and practicing with Marie’s step-by-step guided meditations in the book, you can lean deeper into the Lord’s call to “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).Read Less
- Contributor(s)Marie Chapian
- About the Contributor(s) Marie Chapian Marie Chapian, PhD, MFA, is an evangelical contemplative Christian and New York Times bestselling author of more than...
Marie Chapian, PhD, MFA, is an evangelical contemplative Christian and New York Times bestselling author of more than thirty books, including Talk to Me, Jesus devotional books and her #1 bestselling Tell Yourself the Truth. Marie lives and teaches in Southern California.show more
- Publish Date11/05/2019
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.02 lb
- Dimensions 7.6(h) x 5.45(w) x 0.85(d) inches
- Price $11.19