Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs
- Regular price
- Sale price
Continuing a Gold Medallion Award-winning legacy, this completely revised edition of The Expositor’s Bible Commentary series puts world-class biblical scholarship in your hands. Based on the original twelve-volume set that has become a staple in college and seminary libraries and pastors’ studies worldwide, this new thirteen-volume edition marshals the most current evangelical scholarship and resources. The thoroughly revised features consist of: • Comprehensive introductions • Short and precise bibliographies • Detailed outlines • Insightful expositions of passages and verses • Overviews of sections of Scripture to illuminate the big picture • Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues • Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the texts in question • Transliterations and translations of Hebrew and Greek words, enabling readers to understand even the more technical notes • A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinionRead Less
- Contributor(s)Allen P. Ross , Jerry E. Shepherd , George Schwab , Tremper Longman III , David E. Garland
- About the Contributor(s) Allen P. Ross is professor of Divinity at Beeson Divinity School, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama. His articles have appeared in...Allen P. Ross is professor of Divinity at Beeson Divinity School, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama. His articles have appeared in Biblical Viewpoint, BibliothecaSacra, and Kindred Spirit, and he has contributed to the BIBLE KNOWLEDGE COMMENTARY, the CHRISTIAN LIFE BIBLE, and the BIBLICAL HEBREW HANDBOOK. His translating and editing skills were also put to use in the TOPICAL REFERENCE BIBLE project and THE NEW KING JAMES VERSION of the Bible. Ross taught at The Graduate School of Bob Jones University between 1969 and 1971 after which he began teaching at Dallas Theological Seminary. He earned his B.A. from Bob Jones University, after which he studied at Winona Lake School of Theology. He earned his Th.M. and Th.D. from Dallas Theological Seminary, and his Ph.D. from St. John's College of the Univeristy of Cambridge.
Jerry Shepherd is associate professor of Old Testament, Taylor Seminary, Edmonton, Canada.
George M. Schwab, PhD from Westminster Theological Seminary, presently associate professor of Old Testament at Erskine Theological Seminary.
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He is on the advisory council of the BioLogos Foundation, and is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament, and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
David E. Garland (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is William B. Hinson Professor of Christian Scriptures and dean for academic affairs at George W. Truett Seminary, Baylor University. He is the New Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and the author of various books and commentaries, including Mark and Colossians/Philemon in the NIV Application Commentary, and the article on Mark in the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary. He and his wife, Diana, reside in Waco, Texas.show more
- Publish Date03/07/2017
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The Expositor's Bible Commentary
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $12.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.