ON MY HONOR
- Regular price
- Sale price
On the first day of his Senate confirmation hearings, John Ashcroft raised his right hand and vowed, "I swear to unhold the laws of the United States of America, so help me God."
People who knew him intimately knew they could count on this.
And so will others as they read On My Honor, a book that reveals Ashcroft's personal beliefs on racism, abortion, capital punishment, our judicial system, his faith in God, and more.
These beliefs were not designed to answer his critics in the Senate. They are beliefs he has held for years, written when he still expected to serve a second term in the Senate.
Here is an opportunity to judge this extraordinary man from his own words and deeds. As Ashcroft says, "The verdict of history is inconsequential; the verdict of eternity is what counts."
On My Honor was previously published as Lessons From a Father to His Son, ISBN 07852-75401. Read Less
- Contributor(s)John Ashcroft
- About the Contributor(s) John Ashcroft is the attorney general of the United States. He has served as a United States senator and as...John Ashcroft is the attorney general of the United States. He has served as a United States senator and as governor of Missouri from 1984 to 1992, re-elected by the highest margin since the Civil War. He also served as attorney general of Missouri and as state auditor.Ashcroft earned an honors degree from Yale University and a law degree from the University of Chicago. He is the son of a minister and was raised in the beautiful state of Missouri where he and his wife, Janet, live. They are the parents of Martha, Jay, and Andrew and the grandparents of Jimmy. show more
- Publish Date09/17/2004
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.53 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)19.05 lb
- Dimensions 8.63(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.