NIV Dictionary of the Bible
- Regular price
- Sale price
Who were the Pharisees? What did Samson and John the Baptist have in common? Does an altar really have "horns"? Turn to the NIV Dictionary of the Bible and find out. It has the answers to these and hundreds of other questions you're likely to wonder about as you read the Bible.
Condensed from the New International Bible Dictionary, this unique volume offers much more than it's convenient, take anywhere size. It's actually three books in one:
A Dictionary - for easy-to-find, practical information on thousands of topics
A Topical Indexor detailed study of nearly 150 larger topics, listing all articles in the dictionary that relate to a given topic
- A Survey - providing an introductory overview of the Bible, biblical history, and biblical culture
Concise, readable, and informative, the NIV Dictionary of the Bible is ideal for use at home, in study groups, and in schools. It will help you clear up the who, what, where, why, and how of the Bible so you can better appreciate the depth of its wisdom and its relevance for you today.
- Contributor(s)J. D. Douglas , Merrill C. Tenney
- About the Contributor(s) J. D. Douglas was the revising editor of The New International Dictionary of the Bible and editor of The New...J. D. Douglas was the revising editor of The New International Dictionary of the Bible and editor of The New Bible Dictionary. He was editor-at-large for Christianity Today.
Merrill C. Tenney was professor of theological studies and dean of the Graduate school of Theology at Wheaton College, where he taught from 1944 to 1982. In addition to teaching New Testament and Greek, he was the general editor of the Zondervan Pictorial Bible Dictionary, served on the original translation team for the New American Standard Bible, and wrote several books. Tenney was an advocate of fundamentalism and a second president of the Evangelical Theological Society. He was born in Massachusetts and received his education from Nyack Missionary Training Institute, Gordon College of Theology and Missions, Boston University, and Harvard University. He and his wife Helen and two sons.
- Publish Date06/06/2017
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.73 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)27.69 lb
- Dimensions 8.38(h) x 5.5(w) x 1.8(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $13.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.