More Than a Hobby: How a $600 Startup Became America's Home and Craft Superstore
- Regular price
- Sale price
The retail industry has undergone enormous changes during the last thirty years.
But there is one retailer that not only has remained consistent in the fluctuating―even tenuous―market, but also has grown in the process.
More Than a Hobby takes you inside the story of David Green, the man who built the phenomenal success of Hobby Lobby. Green went beyond surviving in a competitive retail market to thriving, ultimately expanding his $600 start-up company into a $1.3 billion per-year enterprise.
Green’s incredible accomplishments were based not on business-school theory but on his grassroots experiences as a store manager and his creative application of cutting edge ideas, including:
- Allow managers to spend no more than thirty minutes per day on paperwork
- Instead of paying a middleman, assemble as much of the product as possible in-house
- Give buyers the freedom to purchase without restraint—but within the realm of common sense
- Keep God and family first
More Than a Hobby is a practical field manual, filled with revolutionary ideas for all those who dream of success in the world of retail business.Read Less
- Contributor(s)David Green , Dean Merrill
- About the Contributor(s) David Green is the founder and CEO of Hobby Lobby, the largest privately owned arts and crafts retailer in the...
David Green is the founder and CEO of Hobby Lobby, the largest privately owned arts and crafts retailer in the world. Hobby Lobby employs over 33,000 people, operates 800 stores in forty-seven states, and grosses more than $5 billion dollars a year. Currently David serves on the Board of Reference for Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In 2013, he was honored by receiving the World Changer award and is also a past Ernst & Young national retail/consumer Entrepreneur of the Year Award recipient. In 2017, the Green family opened the Museum of the Bible in Washington, DC.
Dean Merrill is the author and coauthor of 46 books, including Sinners in the Hands of an Angry Church and three other Jim Cymbala titles: Fresh Faith, Fresh Power, and You Were Made for More. He and his wife live in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Publish Date07/28/2010
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.46 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)16.59 lb
- Dimensions 8.1(h) x 5.13(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.