Moral Choices Video Lectures: An Introduction to Ethics
- Regular price
- Sale price
With its unique union of theory and application, Moral Choices Video Lectures and its accompanying textbook set the standard for college-level study of ethics.
Moral Choices Video Lectures features 16 lessons (on 2 DVDs) and is designed to help students develop a sound and current basis for making ethical decisions in today's complex postmodern culture. The lectures outline the distinctive elements of Christian ethics while avoiding undue dogmatism. They also introduce other ethical systems and their key historical proponents, including Plato, Aristotle, Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, and Immanuel Kant.
After describing a seven-step procedure for tackling ethical dilemmas, ethicist and professor Scott Rae uses case studies to address some of today's most pressing social issues. He guides students in thinking critically and biblically about abortion, reproductive technologies, genetic technologies and human cloning, euthanasia, capital punishment, sexual ethics, war, and economics. All new sessions on violence and gun control; race, gender, and diversity; and immigration, refugees, and border control helps students wrestle with today's most difficult ethical issues.
Designed with the learner in mind, each lecture is approximately 20 minutes. Moral Choices Video Lectures is useful for formal students and laypeople alike, providing an accessible introduction to Christian ethics and equipping them to form a basis for practical, ethical decision-making in contemporary culture.
Sessions and Runtimes:
1 - Introduction: Why Morality Matters (25 min)
2 - How to Think About Morality (28 min)
3 - Christian Ethics (30 min)
4 - Making Ethical Decisions (26 min)
5 - Ethics at the Beginning of Life - I (30 min)
6 - Ethics at the Beginning of Life - II (32 min)
7 - Biotechnology, Genetics, and Human Cloning (29 min)
8 - Ethical Issues at the End of Life (28 min)
9 - Capital Punishment (28 min)
10 - War, Violence, and Morality (23 min)
11 - Sexual Ethics (28 min)
12 - Creation Care and Environmental Ethics (27 min)
13 - Ethics and Economics (31 min)
14 - Violence and Gun Control (26 min)
15 - Race, Gender, and Diversity (30 min)
16 - Immigration, Refugees, and Border Control (24 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Scott Rae
- About the Contributor(s) Scott B. Rae (PhD, University of Southern California) is professor of Christian ethics at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University,...Scott B. Rae (PhD, University of Southern California) is professor of Christian ethics at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University, La Mirada, California. show more
- Publish Date10/16/2018
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.23 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)6.88 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.25(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Running Time07:23:00
- Price $27.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.