Mirrors and Maps
- Regular price
- Sale price
Pop Quiz: • Have you ever woken up and felt bad about yourself for no reason whatsoever? • Have you spent time trying to figure out how to get into the popular group at school? • Have you ever been embarrassed by your dad singing in the car with your friends? • Have you noticed that things are starting to feel different than ever before? • Do you change your opinion—or even your personality around different friends? • Do you get overwhelmed with all of the thoughts and feelings bouncing around inside of you? If you answered yes to even one of these questions, you passed the quiz. That means you’re a normal girl, who is going through the confusing changes of growing up! Sometimes it might feel like you woke up in a whole new world—kind of like Dorothy, in the Wizard of Oz. The good news is, you’re not alone. Melissa and Sissy, the authors of this book, think they can help you figure out some of the big questions in your life. Even if you haven’t asked them out loud, chances are you’ve started to wonder: • Who am I? • What do I want? • What should I do? • Who do I want to be? While they’re no longer teenagers, Melissa and Sissy remember a bit about what it was like to be 11 or 12—almost a teenager. But more than that, they talk with girls who are a lot like you every day—girls who are feeling confused or overwhelmed, who are feeling like they’re changing in ways they don’t understand—physically, emotionally, and spiritually—and they feel like their lives are out of their own control. In this book, Melissa and Sissy, along with girls your age, will share some insight into what’s going on in your life. You’ll find that you’re not going crazy—you’re just growing up and becoming the person God has created you to be.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Melissa Trevathan , Helen Stitt Goff
- About the Contributor(s) Melissa Trevathan has been a youth director, a teacher, a retreat leader, and is now the founder and executive director...Melissa Trevathan has been a youth director, a teacher, a retreat leader, and is now the founder and executive director of Daystar Counseling Ministries in Nashville. She's worked with kids, teenagers, and adults for over 40 years. She's been a guest on TV and radio programs in the US and Canada, and cowrote two other books with Sissy Goff. When she isn't counseling, writing, or teaching seminars, she hangs out with her old English sheepdog, Molasses.
Sissy Goff has been the director of child and adolescent counseling at Daystar since 1993. She's been a guest on TV and radio programs across the US and Canada and speaks at churches, schools, youth conventions, and parenting seminars. She's written for CCM magazine and cowrote two other books with Melissa Trevathan. Sissy lives in Nashville with her little Maltese, Noel. show more
- Publish Date08/30/2009
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.