Miracle in the Mine: One Man's Story of Strength and Survival in the Chilean Mines
- Regular price
- Sale price
On October 13, 2010, millions of television viewers on five continents literally stopped everything to watch the amazing rescue of 33 men trapped underground in the mine of San José de Copiapó in northern Chile. What had seemed at first a hopeless tragedy later became a triumph of human effort, courage, perseverance, and expertise. For 17 excruciating days no one knew whether any of the miners had survived the collapse of the mine shaft, nor were the surviving miners aware of any rescue attempts. They spent a total of 69 days trapped underground. And it was there, in that frightening cavern, that one man took on the responsibility of encouraging the others and use the tragedy as an opportunity to share his faith. Miracle in the Mine is the story of José Henríquez. The testimony of a man who was no stranger to danger even before he found himself trapped 2,300 feet under the earth in the San José mine. A man who has unequivocally demonstrated his integrity, courage, and moral strength both before, during, and after the mining accident, and who is now using this experience to inspire the world.Read Less
- Contributor(s)José Henriquez
- About the Contributor(s) Jose Henriquez was the second of seven children and began working in the mines at the age of 19. He...
Jose Henriquez was the second of seven children and began working in the mines at the age of 19. He became a qualified operator of large drilling machinery, a job that took him to work sites in several cities and at various mine locations. In 2010 he was one of 33 miners who survived the disastrous collapse of the San José mine located in the Atacama region of northern Chile. He played a unique role in those events as a child of God. He was able to help his companions in distress make a permanent commitment to God as they prayed and waited to be rescued. He and his wife, Blanca Hettiz, and their two daughters and one granddaughter live in the city of Talca, located in the Maule region of Chile.
- Publish Date10/20/2011
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.