Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Whole Bible
- Regular price
- Sale price
Read the best of Matthew Henry's classic commentary on the Bible in one convenient book. Henry's profound spiritual insights have touched lives for over 300 years. Indexed maps and charts make this a book any pastor, student, Bible teacher, or devotional reader will treasure!
- Contributor(s)Matthew Henry
- About the Contributor(s) He was born in Broad Oak, Iscoid, Wales on October 18, 1662. Matthew became a Christian at the age of...
He was born in Broad Oak, Iscoid, Wales on October 18, 1662. Matthew became a Christian at the age of ten years old (1672). He studied law and was ordained in 1687 serving as a pastor in Chester, from that same year until 1712. He began to teach the Old Testament in the mornings and the New in the afternoons. This constituted the basis for his future Commentary, which he began writing in 1704. However, he died in 1714, and thirteen non-conformist theologians took care of completing it. His theology is a faithful testimony of evangelical truth, emphasizing man’s total depravity and God’s sovereign and saving grace. His work shows a deep spiritual capacity and great erudition that stems from a great knowledge of Greek and Hebrew.show more
- Publish Date07/17/2003
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Series Super Value Series
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)10.01 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $20.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.