Lord, I Want to Be Whole: The Power of Prayer and Scripture in Emotional Healing
- Regular price
- Sale price
When Stormie Omartian was a child, her mother would lock her in a closet and say, "You are worthless, and you'll never amount to anything." How did a young girl who grew up in an abusive home learn to overcome her past pain to find emotional wholeness as an adult? Lord, I Want to Be Whole offers seven steps that helped Stormie overcome clinical depression and live a more fulfilling life. She shows readers how prayer and the encouragement of Scripture can help them come to terms with their past. She also tells how to find deliverance from spiritual oppression and negative influences, learn to receive God's gifts and believe the good things God says about us, become aware of deceptions and misconceptions, and maintain emotional health by taking care of our bodies and being sensitive to what is happening inside us. Lord, I Want to Be Who helps those who are troubled by depression find emotional wholeness and become all God made them to beRead Less
- Contributor(s)Stormie Omartian
- About the Contributor(s) Stormie Omartian is an award-winning bestselling author and speaker whose award winning POWER OF PRAYING series have sold more than...
Stormie Omartian is an award-winning bestselling author and speaker whose award winning POWER OF PRAYING series have sold more than 34 million books worldwide, which includes such books as, THE POWER OF PRAYING WIFE, THE POWER OF A PRAYING HUSBAND, THE POWER OF A PRAYING WOMAN, THE POWER OF A PRAYING PARENT, THE POWER OF PRAYING FOR YOUR ADULT CHILDREN, and JUST ENOUGH LIGHT FOR THE STEP I'M ON. Recently she has written LEAD ME, HOLY SPIRIT – Longing to Hear the Voice of God; PRAYER WARRIOR – Praying Your Way to Victory;and CHOOSE LOVE – 3 Simple Choices that Will Alter the Course of Your Life.
Stormie's newest book – OUT OF DARKNESS – is her personal journey out of the devastating darkness of the first twenty-eight years of her life when she found True Light and liberation. Then it goes on through her next thirty-five years as a believer, learning how to walk with the One True Light and rise above the traps and threats of the dark side.
THE POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE broke a 21-year industry record by claiming the number one spot on the Christian Booksellers bestsellers list for 27 consecutive months. Her books have sold 34 million copies. Stormie and Michael have been married for over 42 years and have two married children and two granddaughters.
- Publish Date01/02/2001
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.48 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.3 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.25(w) x 0.7(d) inches
- Price $11.19
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.