Life in the Blender: Blending Families, Lives and Relationships with Grace
- Regular price
- Sale price
"From 'all cracked up' to 'stronger in the broken places'―that's how our blended family has transitioned from the heartache of divorce to the happy, devoted relationships we enjoy today."
It's estimated that more than half the Christians filling our churches today have been through a divorce and remarriage, often bringing children into new and unfamiliar family circumstances. One of those people is multiple Grammy and Dove award-winner Sandi Patty, whose marriage to Don Peslis in 1995 resulted in a rambunctious household of her own four kids plus three stepchildren and an adopted son.
In Life in the Blender, Sandi shares the lessons she has learned, beginning with the painful experience of having to publicly acknowledge her shameful extramarital affair and examining how her own poor choices are still affecting her children today. But she also describes how she has moved on from those difficult days of heartache and today has a renewed and vibrant closeness, not only with her husband, children, and stepchildren, but also with her Savior and her church.
Live in the Blender is her poignant and often humorous account of how they got there―the lessons they learned, the priorities they kept, and the practical decisions that helped smooth the lumps out of their blended family's everyday life.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Sandi Patty
- About the Contributor(s) Sandi Patty is the most awarded female vocalist in contemporary Christian music history, with forty Dove Awards and five Grammy...
Sandi Patty is the most awarded female vocalist in contemporary Christian music history, with forty Dove Awards and five Grammy Awards. She was inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 2004 and named an Indiana Living Legend in 2007. She has released over thirty albums with over 12 million albums sold. Sandi was introduced to the world with her rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner” during the rededication of the Statue of Liberty in 1986. Virtually overnight she became one of the country’s best-loved performers. Sandi and her husband, Don, have been married for over 20 years and are a proud blended family, with eight children and three grandchildren. They currently reside in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. www.sandipatty.comshow more
- Publish Date03/24/2009
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.4 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)14.37 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.1(w) x 0.56(d) inches
- Price $9.79
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.