Life Equity: Realize Your True Value and Pursue Your Passions at Any Stage in Life
- Regular price
- Sale price
The life you've led has prepared you for the life you dream of.
For too long and for too many, the word leadership has had a masculine ring to it. Because women are such natural team players and consensus builders, many may simply view a strong desire to lead as, well, a bit rude. What we've failed to realize is if you define leadership as the art of getting a group of people working together effectively toward a common goal?then women bring some mighty powerful leadership skills to the table. So why don't we jump in?
We long to dive into the challenges and make a difference, but holding us back are questions and self doubt:
- Do I have anything left to offer after my kids are grown?
- What if I fall on my face?
- Will anyone recognize what I have to offer?
- Do I have what it takes to make a real difference?
- How do I break into, or get around, the good ol' boy network?
Whether you're a new college graduate, an empty nester, a divorceé starting life on your own (again), or a discontented cubical worker, Congressman Marsha Blackburn says you are an amazing, talented woman:
Here is exciting news: there is a key truth that will unlock extraordinary possibilities for you. The simple but powerful truth is that your accumulated skills go with you. The ordinary, everyday tasks you have been performing are actually the foundation for getting you where you want to go. In even the most unglamorous roles, you have built real leadership ability that has prepared you for bigger things.
Today, more than ever, the world needs leaders for jobs big and small, and women have been training for these tasks their whole lives. They can make a difference in their own lives and in our culture?and you can too.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Marsha Blackburn
- About the Contributor(s) Marsha Blackburn was the first woman ever elected a state Senator for the 23rd District of Tennessee in 1998. Blackburn...Marsha Blackburn was the first woman ever elected a state Senator for the 23rd District of Tennessee in 1998. Blackburn is also the Communications Chairman for the National Republican Congressional Committee. She and her husband, Chuck have two children. show more
- Publish Date12/31/2008
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.