La idea de comunidad de Pablo
- Regular price
- Sale price
Robert Bank's widely read Paul's Idea of Community: The Early House Churches in their Cultural Setting is once again available to laypeole, pastors and scholars alike. In this extensively revised edition Banks has rewritten chapters for clarity, taken into account recent scholarship on Paul's writings, updated and expanded the bibliography, and added an index. This new edition retains, however, all the freshness and vitality of the original. "The book draws fully upon the wealth of recent scholarly analysis of the New Testament churches, but in such a skilled way that the picture is not buried in learning, but brought to life for present-day readers. . . . People will be startled to find how much of modern church life has departed form the New Testament spirit. And yet the modern communities still possess in the New Testament, as illuminated through a book like this, the sources from which church life can be reawakened to the community consequences of accepting the Pauline gospel." Â—Edwin A. Judge, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia "It is good news that Robert Banks's Paul's Idea of Community is once more available, now in a thoroughly revised, expanded edition. Convinced that Paul's distinctive contribution to Christianity is his idea of community, Banks demonstrates how this notion informs Paul's instruction to his churches. . . . [I]t is striking how naturally discussions of such topics as Paul's teaching on freedom and on eschatology fall within the purview of this stimulating book." Â—Abraham J. Malherbe, Yale UniversityRead Less
- Contributor(s)Robert J. Banks
- About the Contributor(s) Robert J. Banks was Dean and Director of the Macquarie Christian Studies Institute in Sydney, Australia; he served as executive...Robert J. Banks was Dean and Director of the Macquarie Christian Studies Institute in Sydney, Australia; he served as executive director of the De Pree Center for Leadership and was Homer L. Goddard (community service award) Professor of the Ministry of the Laity, both at Fuller Theological Seminary. He is the author and coauthor of many books including Reviewing Leadership. show more
- Publish Date05/13/2011
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.71 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)34.07 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.25(d) inches
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.