How to Lead When You're Not in Charge Video Study: Leveraging Influence When You Lack Authority
- Regular price
- Sale price
Are you letting your lack of authority paralyze you?
One of the greatest myths of leadership is that you must be in charge in order to lead. Great leaders don't buy it. Great leaders lead with or without the authority and learn to unleash their influence wherever they are.
Clay Scroggins knows all about this. His former boss, Andy Stanley, explains:
"Clay was making a difference at North Point Community Church long before he was in charge of
anything significant. Everything he touched got bigger and better whether he was in charge of it
or not. In this study, Clay shares everything he learned about leading beyond his title, position,
and authority. It's amazing."
~ Andy Stanley
In this study you will:
- Learn to leverage influence instead of authority
- Create a game plan for leading yourself well
- Change the energy of your team by choosing positivity
- Cultivate influence by thinking critically, not being critical
- Avoid the trap of passivity when you feel out of control
- Learn an effective way to challenge people in authority over you
How to Lead When You're Not in Charge will free you to become the great leader you want to be so you can make a difference right where you are. Even when you're not in charge.
- The Oddity of Leadership (16:30)
- Lead Yourself (15:30)
- Choose Positivity (16:30)
- Think Critically (17:00)
- Reject Passivity (15:00)
- Challenging Up (17.30)
Designed for use with the How to Lead When You’re Not in Charge Study Guide 9780310095934 (sold separately).
- Contributor(s)Clay Scroggins
- About the Contributor(s) Clay Scroggins is the lead pastor of North Point Community Church, providing visionary and directional leadership for all of the...
Clay Scroggins is the lead pastor of North Point Community Church, providing visionary and directional leadership for all of the local church staff and congregation. As the original and largest campus of North Point Ministries, ranked by Outreach Magazine in 2014 as the Largest Church in America, NPCC averages over 12,000 people in attendance. Clay works for Andy Stanley, one of the greatest leaders on the planet, and understands firsthand how to manage the tension of leading when you’re not in charge.
Starting out as a facilities intern (a.k.a. Vice-President of Nothing), he has worked his way through many organizational levels of North Point Ministries and knows all too well the challenge of authority deprivation. Clay holds a degree in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Tech as well as a Master’s degree and doctorate with an emphasis in Online Church from Dallas Theological Seminary. He lives in Forsyth County, Georgia, with his wife, Jenny, and their four children.
- Publish Date04/24/2018
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.21 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)6.28 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Running Time01:38:00
- Price $20.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.