Heads UP! Updated Edition: Sports Devotions for All-Star Kids
- Regular price
- Sale price
Have you ever wished someone had given you a “heads up”? Sports can be tough. Everyone falls down or has a bad game once in a while. Athletes battle temptations, criticism, and mental blocks on and off the field. They run hard, fall hard, and play hard. All-stars need a tough faith. Heads Up! combines biblical principles with stories of athletes and sporting events, fun sports trivia, tips, and rare facts and figures. Each day’s thought includes a “Game Plan” memory verse, a “Playbook Assignment” Scripture reading, an “Instant Replay” life application question, a “Sports Stuff” segment with practical athletic advice, and “On the Chalkboard” final thoughts that bring everything together. This unique devotional is great for reluctant readers and is sure to inspire young players and sports fanatics.Read Less
- Contributor(s)David Branon
- About the Contributor(s) “Using sports to glorify God” became Dave Branon’s mission when his college basketball team traveled to the Far East for...
“Using sports to glorify God” became Dave Branon’s mission when his college basketball team traveled to the Far East for basketball evangelism. A former high school teacher and coach, Dave Branon later served as managing editor of Sports Spectrum magazine for 18 years. He currently writes for the Our Daily Bread devotional guide and works as an editor for Discovery House Publishers. Dave has written fifteen books, including Beyond the Valley, which reflects on the death of his 17-year-old daughter, Melissa. Dave and his wife Sue live in Grand Rapids, Michigan.show more
- Publish Date05/08/2012
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.72 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)31.72 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.63(w) x 0.9(d) inches
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.