Grace, Gold, and Glory My Leap of Faith
- Regular price
- Sale price
The inspiring autobiography from Gabrielle Douglas—the first African-American gymnast in Olympic history to become the individual All-Around champion—revealing her journey from the time she first entered a gym to her gold-medal-winning performances.
In the 2012 London Olympics, US gymnast Gabrielle Douglas stole hearts and flew high as the All-Around Gold Medal winner and the brightest star of the US gold-medal-winning women’s gymnastics team. That same year, Gabrielle was also named the 2012 Sportswoman of the Year by the Women's Sports Foundation.
In this personal autobiography, Grace, Gold, and Glory My Leap of Faith, Gabrielle tells her story of faith, perseverance, and determination. Walk with Gabby Douglas through her journey of faith and what her family overcame, from the time she first entered a gymnasium to her gold-medal-winning performances, demonstrating to readers ages 13 and up that they can reach their dreams when they let themselves soar.
Grace, Gold, and Glory My Leap of Faith:
- Is the official autobiography of renowned US gymnast Gabrielle Douglas
- Chronicles Gabrielle’s journey from her first practice to becoming a 2012 gold-winning US gymnast
- Celebrates Gabrielle as the first African-American gymnast in Olympic history to become the individual All-Around champion, and the first American gymnast to win gold in both the individual All-Around and team competitions at the same Olympics.
- Is one of the most inspiring books on the market today for reader ages 13 and up
- Contributor(s)Gabrielle Douglas , Michelle Burford
- About the Contributor(s) Gabrielle Douglas is a two-time Olympic gold medalist. At the 2012 Summer Olympics, she made history, becoming the first US...
Gabrielle Douglas is a two-time Olympic gold medalist. At the 2012 Summer Olympics, she made history, becoming the first US gymnast to take home a team and an individual gold medal in the same Olympics. Gabrielle began her training at age six, and became the Virginia State Champion only two years later. When she was fourteen, she left her family in Virginia Beach to train with coach Liang Chow in Des Moines, Iowa. Under Chow’s guidance, and with tremendous faith in God’s plan for her, Gabrielle competed in the Olympic Trials and walked away with the only guaranteed spot on the team. Since her Olympic triumph, Gabrielle has used her platform to inspire millions with a powerful message: With hard work and persistence, any dream is possible. Visit her online at www.gabrielledouglas.com
Michelle Burford is a #1 New York Times bestselling collaborative writer and a founding editor of O, The Oprah Magazine. She is a Harvard-trained journalist whose work has taken her to more than 35 countries on six continents. A native of Phoenix, Michelle now resides in New York City. Visit her online at www.MichelleBurford.com
- Publish Date12/04/2012
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)0.85 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)20.42 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.31(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $18.74