Grace Alone Video Lectures: A Complete Course on the Doctrine of Salvation
- Regular price
- Sale price
Historians and theologians have long recognized that at the heart of the sixteenth-century Protestant Reformation were five declarations, often referred to as the "solas": sola scriptura, solus Christus, sola gratia, sola fide, and soli Deo gloria. These five statements summarize much of what the Reformation was about, and they distinguish Protestantism from other expressions of the Christian faith. Protestants place ultimate and final authority in the Scriptures, acknowledge the work of Christ alone as sufficient for redemption, recognize that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone, and seek to do all things for God's glory.
In Grace Alone Video Lectures, together with accompanying book, Grace Alone, scholar Carl Trueman looks at the historical and biblical roots of the doctrine that salvation is by grace alone, a free gift unmerited by human effort or works. Lessons examine the development of this theme in the early church through the Reformation to the Protestant confessions that still shape the church in the present day. Trueman also explores the biblical means of receiving God's grace through the fellowship of believers, the sacraments, and through the Word of God, and considers how we need to recover this doctrine in the face of today's challenges.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Carl R. Trueman , Matthew Barrett
- About the Contributor(s) Carl Trueman is professor of historical theology and church history at Westminster Theological Seminary. He is the author of numerous...
Carl Trueman is professor of historical theology and church history at Westminster Theological Seminary. He is the author of numerous books, including The Creedal imperative: Histories and Fallacies; Goods Rush in Where Monkeys Fear to Tread; Republocat: Confessions of a Liberal Conservative; Reformation Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow; John Owen: Reformed, Catholic, Renaissance Man, Minority Report;and The Wages of Spin. Trueman is also a contributor to Reformation21 where he writes from a Reformed vantage point.
Matthew Barrett (PhD, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is associate professor of Christian theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, as well as executive editor of Credo Magazine. He is the editor of The Five Solas Series and the author of several books, including God's Word Alone, Reformation Theology, Salvation by Grace, and Owen on the Christian Life.show more
- Publish Date03/30/2021
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The Five Solas Series
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.03 lb
- Price $55.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.