God of All Things: Rediscovering the Sacred in an Everyday World
- Regular price
- Sale price
Abstract theology is overrated. In the contemporary West, we're desperately in need of rediscovering God through ordinary, physical things we see in the world around us.
Jesus did it all the time. He mentioned a lily, sparrow, sheep, coin, fish, harvest, banquet, lamp, stone, seed, and vineyard to teach about the kingdom of God. In the Old Testament, too, God repeatedly describes himself and his saving work in relation to physical things such as a rock, horn, eagle, shelter, cedar, lion, shield, wave, ox, and so on. "Ask the beasts, and they will teach you; the birds of the heavens, and they will tell you; or the bushes of the earth, and they will teach you" (Job 12:7-8).
In God of All Things, pastor and author Andrew Wilson explores glimpses of the sacred in created things, finding in them illustrations of the character and gospel of God. As humans, we encounter glory through stars and awe through storms. We learn about humanity through dust and about Jesus's death on our behalf through trees and bread and wine. Ultimately, we meet God in his creation. It is a gallery full of sketches, paintings, and portraits revealing our Maker and Savior.
Wilson presents a variety of created marvels--from figs and galaxies to viruses, pigs, and honey--that reveal the gospel in everyday life and fuel worship and joy in God.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Andrew Wilson
- About the Contributor(s) Andrew Wilson is teaching pastor at King’s Church London and has theology degrees from Cambridge (MA), London School of Theology...
Andrew Wilson is teaching pastor at King’s Church London and has theology degrees from Cambridge (MA), London School of Theology (MTh), and King’s College London (PhD). He is a columnist for Christianity Today and has written several books, including Echoes of Exodus and Spirit and Sacrament.show more
- Publish Date03/02/2021
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)28.62 lb
- Price $12.59
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.