Eco-Freaks: Environmentalism Is Hazardous to Your Health!
- Regular price
- Sale price
Tree-huggers may actually be squeezing the life out of the environment.
In a book that is alternately alarming, enlightening, ironic, and entertaining, award-winning journalist John Berlau explores the myriad ways in which shortsighted environmentalism actually endangers trees, wildlife, and people. In chapter after chapter, Berlau debunks myths and libels about:
- global warming and climate change
- the dangers of pesticides like DDT
- trees and pollution
- fuel economy and the auto industry
- the threat posed by asbestos
- the lifesaving role of dams and levees
- plans to "rewild" America
Mother Nature is not a gentle person, and Berlau's pointed reporting reveals the very real dangers to people and their environments when Eco-Freaks prevent us from restraining her.
"Berlau makes a powerful case. . . . Thinking environmentalists who read this book will be forced to revisit at least some of their most deeply held beliefs."
-Joel Himelfarb, Washington Times
"Berlau says a lot of things that are not generally known that needed to be said."
-Bruce N. Ames, recipient, National Medal of Science, 1998
Save the Planet . . . and Ourselves
In Eco-Freaks, award-winning journalist John Berlau provides a much needed and startling exposé about how the environmental movement with its radical, shortsighted eco-activists has actually helped amplify the dangers of natural disasters and destroyed the lives and property of millions of Americans.
As Berlau writes, "America . . . is still mighty prosperous, but environmentalism is putting us on the brink of danger as well. As technology after technology that our grandparents put in place is being banned, and new technologies never even come to market, we risk a public-health disaster. Environmentalists have promoted all sorts of doomsday scenarios about population explosions and massive cancer crises from pesticides that have been shown to be false. But now, because we have done away with so many useful products based on those scares, we are in danger of an old-fashion doomsday returning, because we've lost what protected us from the wrath of nature. Indeed, as we will see throughout this book, public health hazards caused by environmental policies are already on the scene."Read Less
- Contributor(s)John Berlau
- About the Contributor(s) John Berlau, former fellow in Economic Policy, is the Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship at the Competitive Enterprise Institute....John Berlau, former fellow in Economic Policy, is the Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship at the Competitive Enterprise Institute. A former Washington correspondent for Investor's Business Daily and investigative writer on the staff of Insight magazine, Berlau has also been a media fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University and has written for such publications as Reader's Digest, USA Today, USA Weekend, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Post, Reason, the New Republic, National Review, the Weekly Standard, and RAZOR. In 2002, Berlau was awarded the Sandy Hume Memorial Award for Excellence in Political Journalism by the National Press Club. He lives in the Washington, DC area. show more
- Publish Date03/24/2011
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.