Deep Justice Journeys Leader's Guide: 50 Activities to Move from Mission Trips to Missional Living
- Regular price
- Sale price
When students participate in short-term mission work, parents and youth leaders hope the experience of serving others will be transformative. But for mission work to make a real impact, leaders and students need to spend more time before, during, and after their service processing and preparing for their experiences. This curriculum and student journal helps leaders prepare students for what to expect on their mission trip, allows students to reflect upon their experiences, and enables them to genuinely debrief. Students will engage in learning exercises that help them gain new insights about themselves, their relationship with God, their teammates, and the world we’re called to love and serve. These steps ensure short-term mission work that has a deeper effect on students and on those they serve, and helps students apply what they have learned in the mission field to their own lives. Also included are ideas to help get parents and the church engaged in the youth ministry’s short-term mission work.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Kara Powell , Brad M. Griffin
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Kara E. Powell is an educator, professor, youth minister, author, and speaker. She is the Executive director of the...
Dr. Kara E. Powell is an educator, professor, youth minister, author, and speaker. She is the Executive director of the Fuller Youth Institute and a faculty member at Fuller Theological Seminary (see www.fulleryouthinstitute.org). Kara also serves as an Advisor to Youth Specialties and currently volunteers in student ministries at Lake Avenue church in Pasadena, CA. She is the author of many books including Sticky Faith: Everyday Ideas to Build Lasting Faith in Your Kids (with Chap Clark) and Deep Justice Journeys. Kara lives in Pasadena with her husband, Dave, and their children, Nathan, Krista, and Jessica.
Brad M. Griffin is the associate director of the Fuller Youth Institute, where he develops research-based training for youth workers and has co-authored Sticky Faith: Youth Worker Edition and Deep Justice Journeys. A native Kentuckian, Brad now lives in Pasadena with his wife, Missy, and their three children. After more than fifteen years in youth ministry, he now volunteers at his church.show more
- Publish Date05/05/2009
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.74 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.7 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 7.6(w) x 0.38(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.