Cultural Apologetics Video Lectures: Renewing the Christian Voice, Conscience, and Imagination in a Disenchanted World
- Regular price
- Sale price
While interest in religion has increased in the twenty-first century, Western culture has grown increasingly disenchanted. Many--including many Christians--no longer perceive the world in its proper light. The world is viewed as mundane, ordinary, everyday, instead of deeply beautiful, mysterious, and sacred. Moreover, the church has grown anti-intellectual and sensate, out of touch with the relevancy of Jesus and how to relate the gospel to all aspects of contemporary life. In this disenchanted age, Christian wholeness remains elusive, blunting the church's ability to present a winsome and compelling witness for faith. As a result, the Christian imagination is muted.
Cultural Apologetics Video Lectures, along with its accompanying book, Cultural Apologetics, sets forth a model of cultural engagement, rooted in Paul's speech on Mars Hill, which details practical steps for re-establishing the Christian voice, conscience, and imagination. The result is that Christianity will be seen as both plausible and desirable by those within modern Western culture, preparing the way, with the help of the Holy Spirit, for a genuine missionary encounter between the gospel and the contemporary world.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
1 - Paul at Mars Hill (31 min)
2 - What is Cultural Apologetics? (21 min)
3 - Disenchantment: Part 1 (24 min)
4 - Disenchantment: Part 2 (23 min)
5 - Reenchantment and the Awakening of Desire (21 min)
6 - Reenchantment and Returning to Reality (22 min)
7 - Imagination: Part 1 (21 min)
8 - Imagination: Part 2 (20 min)
9 - Reason: Part 1 (13 min)
10 - Reason: Part 2 (24 min)
11 - Conscience: Part 1 (22 min)
12 - Conscience: Part 2 (19 min)
13 - Addressing Barriers: Internal (21 min)
14 - Addressing Barriers: External (21 min)
15 - Home (24 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Paul M. Gould
- About the Contributor(s) Paul Gould (PhD Purdue University) teaches philosophy and apologetics in the faculty of the College of Graduate and Professional Studies...
Paul Gould (PhD Purdue University) teaches philosophy and apologetics in the faculty of the College of Graduate and Professional Studies at Oklahoma Baptist University. He is also the founder and president of the Two Tasks Institute and previously worked with students and professors as a staff member with CRU. He is the coeditor of Four Views on Christianity and Philosophy. He regularly travels around the country to speak to students about evangelism, apologetics, philosophy, and spiritual formation. He blogs at www.paul-gould.com.show more
- Publish Date03/12/2019
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.35 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)10.52 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $27.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.