Creepy Creatures and Bizarre Beasts from the Bible
- Regular price
- Sale price
Perfect for kids 8 and up who love unique animals and weird wildlife, or simply like reading about strange things, Creepy Creatures and Bizarre Beasts from the Bible presents all the unbelievable-yet-real sea monsters, multiheaded mammals, flying women, evil lizards, and more that appear throughout the Old and New Testaments, as well as the odd occurrences and miracles where animals were involved. With biblically accurate information and kid-friendly language—as well as large black-and-white illustrations throughout—kids will see the Bible in a new and engaging way.
Flying lions, crocodile-like cows, fire-breathing horses, and … unicorns and dragons? Surprisingly, these things are mentioned in the Bible (well, at least unicorns might be), and they are possibly even stranger than you’ve imagined. This booktakes you up close and personal as you explore the stories behind each incredible creature, as well as explores the real-life facts behind stories such as Noah’s Ark and Jonah’s big fish encounter—like what it might have really smelled like in there. From what each beast may have actually looked like in visions to what the Leviathan and, yes, the unicorn might actually be in real life, each page explores the Bible like never before, with illustrations that make it come alive.
Creepy Creatures and Bizarre Beasts of the Bible:
- contains biblically sound information in language kids can relate to
- looks at what the mysterious creatures mentioned in the Bible might actually be and look like, based on theological research
- works as an age-appropriate introduction to biblical facts for any child 8 to 12
- contains large text and an open page design, along with lots of detailed illustrations, making it perfect for reluctant readers
- is part of the 2:52 series of books, which focuses on becoming more like Jesus as described in Luke 2:52
- Contributor(s)Rick Osborne , Ed Strauss , Anthony Carpenter
- About the Contributor(s) Growing up, Rick Osborne really liked Superman. Superman did what was right, he did cool things that other people couldn’t...Growing up, Rick Osborne really liked Superman. Superman did what was right, he did cool things that other people couldn’t do, and he never quit. The Bible is full of great Superman-type stories where God helps good guys battle evil guys with his awesome supernatural help. By telling these stories, Rick loves to help boys see the real-life superhero that God wants each of them to be. Rick lives with his family up north in Canada, closer to where Superman built his fortress.
Ed Strauss lives in British Columbia, Canada, with his wife and three tween-aged children. Ed is a freelance writer with a passion for Biblical apologetics and fantasy fiction. Apart from writing, Ed enjoys biking and exploring nature.
Anthony Carpenter is a freelance illustrator. In addition to the four books he has illustrated for the 2:52 series, he has also illustrated many instructional books for use in school classrooms. Other projects have included coloring books, fantasy role playing game books, and art for a set of collectable cards for Marvel comics. He lives in Michigan and is currently writing and illustrating his first children’s book. show more
- Publish Date02/24/2004
- Series 2:52
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.32 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)20.46 lb
- Dimensions 8.6(h) x 6.2(w) x 0.38(d) inches
- Price $5.59
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.